Friday, July 23, 2010

Blogging Begins!

So here goes my first blog post! Perhaps it would be good to start with a little What, When, Why, and such.

The What: It's a blog about whatever I'm learning, exploring, pondering, etc. I expect that most posts will be at least vaguely related to wonderful students and of course the fabulous subjects, Physics and Art.

The When: I'm super excited to be starting teachers college this fall, where I'll be learning how to teach Physics and Art.

The Why: I'm hoping to keep a scattered sort of record of some of the things I love about the world's two best subjects here. I called this blog Birefringent m&m's after a Lasers class study session with a great friend, during which we taught each other about birefringence using m&m's as our tasty model. I believe learning and chocolate always belong together.

The Who: I'm a nerdy sort of artist with a passion to see people with disabilities reach their potential. I have a lot of dreams for my life, and a God with even crazier dreams. I love a lot of things a lot.

And that's basically it. I hope you enjoy reading about what I'm learning and teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment