Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Website!

Just a quick post to say that I'm testing out using a website with my Physics students: https://sites.google.com/site/sharbotlakephysics/.

In my first practicum, I spent HUGE amounts of time helping students catch up on missed classes during lunch, prep period and after school. My students quickly learned that they could get one-on-one teaching if they missed class, which increased the incentive to miss class.

So the new policy is this: if a student misses class, they will first download the blank notes from the website, read the pages in the text, ask a friend to help them fill in the notes, and do the homework. Then they can come to ask me questions. I hope it will increase responsibility for their own learning. So far, they have responded very well to the idea of a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment