Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Two More Weeks...

I bumped into my new associate at Wallacks yesterday! The giant tubs of deliciously coloured acrylic paint in his basket made me so excited to go on placement again on Feb. 14 - it's bound to be a lovely placement with that start date.

I'm both excited and scared for this last regular placement. There is so much to do - it's rather overwhelming - planning for my alternative practicum in Kenya, applying for jobs for next year all over the world, trying to navigate the confusing paperwork of OSSTF, OCT, and other scary looking acronyms, keeping track of all the little assignments due in class, volunteering with my favourite organizations, and somewhere in there I'm trying to remember to sleep, eat and have healthy relationships. It's already so busy - how will I squash all those things to be done into the short amount of time between 7pm when I get home from school and 5:30am when I get up the next morning?

But despite my time fears, I am very very excited for this next placement. I really don't know how I ended up with the best associate school ever - the students are just great, down-to-earth, ask the best questions, and remind me so much of my rural childhood; there are some amazingly talented teachers who are so willing to teach me, even when I'm not technically their student teacher; the class sizes are tiny; there's awesome integration of students with exceptionalities into my art classes; and the list goes on. It's just a wonderful environment to learn how to teach in, and I can't wait to be back there!

No comments:

Post a Comment