Sunday, September 29, 2013

Time

Hi Anneke,
Somewhere I have a draft that I started and never posted, I'll try to find it tomorrow.
Very sorry about the car...  lots of damage?
TIME is what every first-year teacher lacks. In the short run, the only solution is to settle for doing less and getting more sleep and time for yourself. There is NO evidence that students suffer at the hand of a first-year teacher, and you can often do a better job when you are rested than when you are prepared but exhausted.
I guess I'm saying "ask yourself which corners you can cut with the least damage to what you are trying to do."
I know what high standards you have for yourself, especially after your Masters. It's WAY too early to decide what you think about the profession.
Please don't burn yourself out before you give yourself a real chance!!
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment