Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thanks for the nudge!

Hi Anneke,

Broad spectrum seems to put it mildly--what an exciting range of student behaviours and attitudes!  Nice work getting the students doing pushes and pulls!  feeling is believing???  Being nervous is part of being shy??

It's been so long since I've drawn on an overhead that I'm sure I too would find it much harder than the board, though there were years when I used an overhead a lot.  EVERYTHING takes practice??!!

Well done on doing a POE and getting some correct predictions AND explanations.  How did the attempt to "discover" F=ma go?  Don't forget the idea of a=F/m as a way of putting the equation that comes closer to experience!  Where did you get edible chalk?

You really are having a good time and it sounds like you are doing quite well.  I really appreciate all the detail in your account, and I'm glad you've recorded it for revisiting.  Things will look so different after another 2 weeks.

Have a great week!
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment