Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chaos in Grade 9 Art

Really appreciate the update on Grade 9 Art, Anneke!  It's a group of students you won't soon forget. Art must be one of the best places to differentiate, but I'm sure that doing so is a guaranteed recipe for chaos! Wonderful that your associate is so flexible and is working so hard to engage the students.  Art must be one of the best activities for students with "troubles."

The other thing that struck me, when I read about your sitting down and working in clay with the students, is that students really treasure having a teacher's attention and being able to chat while working--not always chatting about the subject at hand. Relationship is important for every student, but I'm sure it is MUCH moreso with students who have complicated lives outside of class.

Your notes always lift my spirits, even as they remind me how many students face challenges that most of us did not face when we were in school.  THANKS, have a great week 4.
Yours,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment